COVID-19 Update

Last updated 28/05/2020

Temporary closure of Corffe House & Holiday Cottages


Following what has been one of the most difficult weeks faced by our generation so far, with uncertain times ahead, we have listened to government advice and have taken the decision to temporarily close the Corffe Estate to guests from Monday 23rd March until Thursday 21stJune .

As a responsible family-run business we always take the safety of our guests and team members very seriously but in light of current circumstances we feel we have a duty to the wider community as a whole, which is why we have taken this difficult decision.

For those guests that have visited us before, you will be aware of our setup. For those due to visit for the first time we want to make you aware we are a husband and wife team with two young children in tow. From Monday we will be dealing with this whilst getting to grips with the new responsibility of home schooling so please do bear with us.


If you are due to visit during the period outlined above please read the following information carefully. We would like to give you the opportunity to reschedule your stay or receive a refund;


I want to rebook for a new date in the future

Currently the site allows you to book stays until December 2021, all pricing and availability is live and up to date. Once you have decided on a new date we recommend the lead booker email us with the existing booking reference and preferred date and property. We will then look to amend the booking as soon as possible, wavering any amendment fee.

Please note should the new booking be of a lower value we will look to refund the difference, should the new booking be of a higher value you will be expected to pay the difference by the due date (8 weeks prior to arrival).


I want a full refund

As a small business, we would ideally like you to rearrange your stay but we fully understand that this might not be possible. If you would prefer a refund then you can of course take this option. In this instance, the lead booker needs to send us an email with the booking reference stating that they would like a refund.

Once we have had an update from the government on the level of support we can apply for and when this is likely to be received we can start to process refunds. Until then we are unable to give any clear timeframe on when this process will start to take place.


When will I hear from you?

We pride ourselves on personally dealing with guests quickly and efficiently however we hope you understand that our response time might not be maintained during this period. Once we have received your email clarifying whether you wish to rebook or request a refund we will be in contact as soon as possible.


Who will you contact first?

It is only fair that we deal with guests in order of their arrival dates. We will start with guests due to arrive imminently and move forwards from there.


For guests, due to arrive after the temporary closure period;


I am due to pay my balance what should I do?

We are now asking guests to pay the final balance in line our standard 8 week time period. Should the final balance remain outstanding after this time-period we will take it as an acknowledgement to cancel the booking. We will be in direct contact with guests whose bookings have an outstanding balance that is past the 8 week due date to discuss payment.


Can I cancel or rearrange my booking now?

As your stay doesn’t currently fall within our temporary closure period we cannot action these requests and our standard cancellation terms apply. We recommend contacting your insurance provider in this instance.


For all guests;


I want to speak to someone about my booking

We are understandably receiving high levels of calls and emails and we would ask you that you wait for us to contact you, rather than contacting us directly. This will allow us to process booking amendments and plan for refunds efficiently.

If your stay is in the future outside of our closure dates, please understand we are prioritising responding to more immediate bookings and will be in touch in due course.


To reiterate as of Monday 23rd March we are temporarily closed until close of the play on Thursday 21st June. We will continue to closely monitor and follow government guidelines so please keep a close eye on our website and Facebook page (@corffedevon) for any updates. Should any changes we make apply to your booking you can rest assured we will be in touch.

Stay safe and we hope to welcome you to our beautiful part of the world once we feel it is the right time to do so.


Hazel & Jon